Monday, September 24, 2007

Hooked

Dang it, I knew this would happen. I don't know how. I don't even know why I started to search for it. But once again, I am drawn towards programming. This time though, my "C++ For Dummies" book can stay on the shelf. I have advanced. I am now moving towards C#! C# seems to be Microsoft's new money making scheme. All I have done is read up on it and downloaded C# 2008 Beta Express Version. I am looking for a way to get a better version without paying money, but so far no luck.

Visual Studio C# is an interesting program. Most people, when they think of programming, think of endless lines of code. Well, that can be one way. When programming a program that has no GUI (Graphical User Interface) it pretty much is all code. Then again, it is really straight fowards. The user can't click on anything to change anything. They have to input everything on the keyboard, which really makes the program run in one direction.

However, when you have buttons, and scroll downs, and things to click on, the user can do those, most of the time, in any order they want. And so, the Graphical User Interface comes to life. And that, is what I am experimenting with. I made a program that is nothing but a button. However, the button is picture that I have, which I thought was cool. Even more, it said "Click Me!" And when you did, the program closed.

Pretty Stupid, eh? But it worked. That is the idea. It works. And now, I just need to learn more. Get a few books, figure out what else the program can do for me. And then...then I start to demolish the world!

No comments: