Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fedora 9

So, I got bored with my computer, and decided to try out a new Linux distro. Talking with my friend, I finally decided to Download Ferdora 9 and gave it a spin. Fedora uses Gnome as default, or at least mine done, so it looks a lot like Ubuntu. This is nice as most everything works in Gnome. Happiness. Everything works in it, sound, wireless, and graphics. I got my drivers all up and running, which means Compiz is going to town.

All in all, I am very happy with Fedora. I am also assured that the developers and community care about the Upstream. This means that if they catch a bug, they don't just fix it for Fedora, they fix it for the entire Linux community. Pretty awesome. Now I just need something to do with Linux. Like crack networks. Fun!

No comments: