Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ruby (on Rails)

So, I popped onto IM one day, and I was looking for a person. This person knows a lot about computers, and I know he could help me out to get started. Started on what? On a website. But not just any "Look at my rabbit Bill! He eats lettuce!" website, no, this will be a fully interactive powerful website which has a purpose, and it isn't to show the world my rabbit. I won't go into details now, but it will involve a logging in system, with different levels of access, and it will involve a "Digg" like system. After talking with my friend for a while, he told me the only way I will be able to get this to work is if I used Ruby on Rails. Ruby is a programming language, and a very good one at that. The "on Rails" part is there because Ruby on Rails is a web development language, and a powerful one at that. But it also isn't that hard to learn, so i won't be working my arse off just to type a few lines of code. Check it out, you might learn something. I already have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, RoR is pretty good but there's other languages/frameworks out there that would work as well.

RoR just happens to be one of the easier ones to learn and the one that I prefer.

essay writting said...

I've never heard about Ruby programming language. Is it popular? Is it really necessary for an ordinary programmer?